Hello, All! Welcome back to “Working on Us” – A series that represents people with mental health illnesses/disorders.
Before I begin Week #24, I’d like to share with you all the participants that had responded to Week #23, Topic: Medication. Wow! This subject matter really gained a lot of attention with regard to types of medication, reactions, effects, and overall opinions. I would also like to thank so many newcomers to, “Working on Us”.
I would also like to send a “Thank You”, to Astrid, of “A Multitude of Musings”, for correcting me in the way I was reblogging to the main page of this post. I sincerely appreciate you bringing that to my attention.
Here are participants and their posts for Week #23:
Astrid, of “A Multitude of Musings”
Michelle, of “Two Pegs on One Line” aka “ALEXITHYMIA ALEW“
Melanie Cee, of “Sparks From a Combustible Mind”
Angie, of “King Ben’s Grandma”
Jodie, of “Succulent Savage Says”
Ashley, of “Mental Health @ Home”
Kay, of “Anxious Christian Girl 97” (Copied and pasted on my site).
Sadje, of “Keep it Alive”
Lumpdates, of “Love Your Brain”
Michelle, of “Advice, Mental Health, Personal, and, My Life” (Copied and pasted on my site).
Help Break The Stigma Surrounding Mental Health
Topic: Managing Good Mental Health During The Holiday Season:
- Do you have a stable relationship with your family and/or friends during the hustle and bustle of the holiday season? If your answer is (YES), please give us an example of what the holidays are like with family and/or friends? If you answered (NO), Please explain to us why not?
- Do the holidays trigger certain memories of people, places, and things?
- Do you have a favorite holiday, if so which one and why? (Note: This does not have to be based on the current holidays coming up either).
- If you stress out during the holidays, what is the best way that you handle stressors?
- Do holidays tend to make you melancholy? If so why? and how do you go about dealing with the depression that takes place?
- This is a question that anyone can answer if they feel so inclined… Do you think that the holidays are shoved down our throats every year a little quicker with each passing year? (Meaning, Halloween finished October 31st, and Christmas stuff was on the shelves October 15th), Does this trigger an emotion in you too early?
- Does your family/friends show understanding and compassion during a moment that might be hard to handle on your own?
- Do you even bother celebrating the holidays with family/friends? If you answered this question (NO), what is it that you do during the holiday? (If you answer, I try to sleep through it… It’s a fair answer).
- Do you avoid holiday music and TV specials during this time?
If you don’t feel comfortable answering these questions, you can write a narrative of your favorite holiday memory and the worse, but please explain why?
- Write your own post and create a pingback to the original post here.
- There are no right or wrong answers. Write in any format you see fit. (Answer’s, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, poem, short prose…anything, and/or narrative).
- You can do one or all prompts.
You have from November 20th. through November 26th. to submit your entries.
- Please reblog the original post in order to spread more awareness.
- ( If you the blogger have a suggestion/question you want to ask in the future weeks, please submit them in the comment section of this post).
- Let’s see if we can get some men involved in this week’s prompts, your viewpoint/feelings are validated here too!
- Plus, as an added bonus, whoever responds to the following prompts will automatically be reblogged to promote your blog site and spread more awareness!
Remember to create a pingback to this original post after you write your own post. Also, remember that this is not a prompt-based post. Please write a narrative. I really look forward to your responses. Or, maybe I should say “We” all look forward to one another’s responses.
Thank you in advance.
Take Care & God Bless,
Credits: Google Images and Pinterest