Hello, All! Welcome back to “Working on Us” – A series that represents people with mental health illnesses/disorders.
Before I begin Week #23, I’d like to share with you all the participants that had responded to Week #22, Topic: Rejection and Overcoming Rejection. Some stories that have been shared were very personal and I appreciate you sharing them with all of us. Thank you kindly.
November 6th’s Participants:
Sadje, of “Keep it Alive”
Ashley, of “Mental Health @ Home”
Melanie C., of “Sparks From a Combustible Mind”
Emilia, of “My Inner MishMash”
Michelle, of “Advice, Mental Health, Personal, and My Life”
Melody, of “Crushed Caramel” – Learner of Love (Multi-Post)
Michelle, of “Two Pegs On A Line”
Help Break The Stigma Surrounding Mental Health
- When you first were diagnosed with your mental illness/disorder, did it take a while to get used to your medications that were prescribed to you? If you answer the question, (YES), How did you feel initially?
- Depending on how long you have been on medication, how many times do you think it has been adjusted to make you feel stable?
- Have you ever had a bad reaction to medication?
- Have you ever suffered withdrawals from a certain type of medication, and if so… What type was it?
- Do you work closely with your doctor in regards to your medication intake? (In other words, do you have a good relationship with your doctor?)
- Since your diagnosis, have you ever tried to not take medication and see if you can handle your symptoms of mental illness/disorders on your own? If so, how did that work out for you?
- Tell us briefly how medication has affected your life?
What do you see and how does it make you feel when you see this picture?
- Write your own post and create a pingback to the original post here.
- There are no right or wrong answers. Write in any format you see fit. (Answer’s, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, poem, short prose…anything, and/or narrative).
- You can do one or all prompts.
You have from November 13th. through November 19th. to submit your entries.
- Please reblog the original post in order to spread more awareness.
- ( If you the blogger have a suggestion/question you want to ask in the future weeks, please submit them in the comment section of this post).
- Let’s see if we can get some men involved in this week’s prompts, your viewpoint/feelings are validated here too!
- Plus, as an added bonus, whoever responds to the following prompts will automatically be reblogged to promote your blog site and spread more awareness!
Please check out a book that our own Ashley Peterson, of Mental Health @ Home, wrote:
Ashley makes understanding your medication and its effects on us very easy to comprehend. You can find this on her store site as well as Amazon.
Remember to create a pingback to this original post after you write your own post. Also, remember that this is not a prompt-based post. Please write a narrative. I really look forward to your responses. Or, maybe I should say “We” all look forward to one another’s responses.
Thank you in advance.
Take Care & God Bless,
Credits: Google Images, Pinterest, Pixabay, and, Ashley, of “Mental Health @ Home”