Week #22 Topic: Rejection and Overcoming Rejection
Why Do We Fear Rejection?
There are many facets to the fear of rejection. Here are some of the main reasons why you might fear being disliked and shunned:
- You fear to be alone and isolated from others
- You’re scared of having your worst fears confirmed, i.e. that you’re unlovable, stupid, ugly, worthless, a failure, etc.
- You fear to have old trauma triggered, i.e. feelings of abandonment from childhood
- You’re scared of the end product, i.e. plunging into depression, anxiety, self-loathing, etc.
- Have you ever been rejected by family/friends because of your mental illness/disorder?
- Has anyone mistreated you to the point you felt like you were…