REBLOG: Jay of “Broken Strength But Hopeful” is a new participant joining us here on “Working on Us” Week #12 Topic: Self-Care. Her journey is to be admired. 💚
- Were their signs of your self-care routine lacking before you were officially diagnosed with a mental illness/disorders?
- I just didn’t care about myself in general. Never bought myself new clothes, never put on lotion, never even used a towel to dry off. I just had a low self-esteem, and an apathy for who I was beyond how I did in school, or the friends that I had. I didn’t attribute much worth to myself before I was diagnosed with depression and anxiety.
- Did you (or) do you suffer from low self-esteem?
- I did very much so as a young adolescent and through my college years. As I embark on this journey into my 30’s I definitely have focused more on self-care, self-love, healing and being more having a focused present attempt to keep my thoughts positive.
- Is there (or) have there been stages of guilt when not…
View original post 270 more words