Hello, All! Welcome back to “Working on Us” – A series that represents people with mental health illnesses/disorders.
Before I begin Week #11, I’d like to share with you all the participants that had responded to Week #10 – Topic: Social Media Affects. This topic was suggested by Michelle of “Borderline & Beyond” I’m sure Michelle would have participated this week, but she is in the process of moving, and let’s face it…That takes priority. However, I want to send out a big “Thanks!” to Michelle for lending her hand with last week’s topic.
In case you missed any of the responses from Week #10, dated August 7, 2019, here’s the place to catch up by reading all the participants posts.
Carol Anne of “Therapy Bits”
Ashley of “Mental Health @ Home”
Sadje of “Keep it Alive”
Casey Elizabeth Dennis of “This Bipolar Brat”
Maria Morran Black of “My Soul Balm”
Paula Light of “Light Motifs II”
Jill of “Food, Feeling, Freedom”
Rory of “A Guy Called Bloke and K9 Doodlepip”
This Week #11 Topic is Pet Therapy, suggested by Brittney of “Recovery By Ink” This particular topic is so dear to my heart as I’m sure a great number of my readers will see, animals bring us so much love, happiness, and support. Thier not just pets, they are family members.
Prompt #1 Questions:
- Do you own a pet for emotional support and/or service/therapy?
- Is your pet a certified therapy animal?
- What kind of pet do you own?
- Do you believe that support animals truly assist those in need?
- Do you believe that any animal can be a therapy/support pet?
Prompt #2 Narrative:
Describe how your pet is of support to you? EXAMPLE: Helps with anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc… (And, please… Share their name and a photo) if you desire.
- Write your own post and create a pingback to the original post here.
- There are no right or wrong answers. Write in any format you see fit. (Answer’s, fiction, non-fiction, poetry, poem, short prose…anything).
- You can do one or all prompts.
You have from August 14h. through to August 21st. to submit your entries.
- Please reblog the original post in order to spread more awareness.
- ( If you the blogger have a suggestion/question you want to ask in the future weeks, please submit them in the comment section of this post).
- Let’s see if we can get some men involved in this weeks prompts, your viewpoint/feelings are validated here too!
- Plus, as an added bonus, whoever responds to the following prompts will automatically be reblogged to promote your blog site and spread more awareness!
This is my feathered son, Peanut. He is a 31-year-old Amazon Yellow Nape Parrot and I have owned him since he was 10 & 1/2 weeks old. Up until 2 & 1/2 years ago, Peanut was certified as my emotional support animal. This little emerald dumpling is truly considered my family to me. Peanut and I share one thing in common, we are each other’s longest relationship. LOL! We share a bond that I considered to be such a blessing to me. He registers on every emotion I have whether it is happiness or sorrow. To answer your question, “Does he talk?” Oh, yes. He has the mentality of a 3-year-old child, and we chat all the time. If we’re not talking, we are singing, and if we are not singing, we cuddle a lot. This little dude is the most precious little love, and honestly… I don’t know what I would do without him.
Remember to create a pingback to this original post after you write your own post. Also, you can choose one or all the prompts. I really look forward to your responses. Or, maybe I should say “We” all look forward to one another’s responses.
Thank you once again, to all the participants in last weeks “Working on Us”, and thank you to Brittney of “Recovery By Ink” for her suggestion to this Week #11. All of you are Fantastic to be a part of this!
Take Care & God Bless!
Credits: Google Images, and my personal picture.