Hello, All! Happy Friday and Happy First Day of Summer! Yay!
So, how are all of you doing this week? Do you have any plans for the weekend? Was it a fairly pleasant week, or one of frustration? Well, I hope your week was like sailing on calm seas. If by chance you had a week of smooth sailing, Congratulations! 🤗 🤩
I’ve got to tell you all… This week compared to last week is like comparing night to day. I am so eternally grateful that last week didn’t drip into this one, even though we did get hit with non-stop rain for practically the entire week.
Okay, let’s get right to it… This is my week of reflection:
- Saturday, my roommate, JK, and dear friend, JT took me out to dinner to celebrate my dreaded birthday. While we were there enjoying one another’s company, a fight broke out on the other side of the booth we were sitting at. (Mental note to self: Bring medication with me to prevent any anxiety while dining out) – Who would have thought, right? Now I know. LOL!
- Sunday, “Ah, usually a day of calm.” – Nah, the way all of last week was going, the week just wasn’t quite finished with me yet. Heck, even God utilized Sunday as a day of rest, but apparently forgot to notify a jackass that almost hit my roommate’s car, and proceeded to back straight into a car that had already moved out of its space in order for me to pull in. Long story short, no one was hurt… The old man that was hit and myself were shaken, not stirred. I found out mid-week, the jackass was driving with a suspended license, and now the old man is going to pursue charges. YAY! It doesn’t pay to be a bully in a supermarket parking lot… The eyes are watching you!!!! LOL!
- Along comes Monday. At that point, I debated if I should get out of the bed at all. But fear not! I accomplished not only getting out of bed but nothing happened all day! Nada! Zip! All was quiet on the home front. However, I never did leave the house either. LOL! Hell, who could blame me… In fact, if memory serves, I think I only came out of my bedroom twice that entire day. Never underestimate the power of peace. ✌️☮️
- Tuesday, I saw my psychiatrist. Because my mood has been on the lower side of the dimmer switch, she prescribed yet another medication to take for my depression. “Oh, joy!” Now I’m one 7 types of medications for depression, anxiety, and insomnia. Instead of the daily pill boxes, I’m converting mine into a PEZ (Pill) Dispenser.
I figure it this way… I should make popping all these freaking pills fun, right? (I’m kidding folks!)
- Wednesday (The infamous, Hump Day) arrives. I debated on continuing my series “Working on Us” because week two was a bust. I knew the week prior really messed me up mentally and emotionally speaking, but I’m so grateful for Ashley, of “Mental Health @ Home” for coaching me into doing it again. So, with that, I did. I’ll be honest, I waited all day like an idiot to see if anyone would respond to the prompts I gave. Eureka! Some of my followers joined in. You have no idea how happy that made me!! Seriously, you have no idea! In fact, I’m looking forward to next week, because, Carol Anne, of “Therapy Bits” gave me a super prompt question for this upcoming week. So, Ladies… “Thank you!”
- Thursday. Ah, Friday Eve! My roommate and I went out for the afternoon. It was all going pretty well until she lost her keys in the Walmart. I think we all know how large Walmarts are, right? OMG! We were practically in every section of the store, minus automotive and baby stuff. We were at the self-checkout when she realized they were missing. My first reaction was…
- WHAT? The mad race around the entire store commenced! We notified the customer service area, split up and covered every section with a fine tooth comb looking all over for a set of keys. I kid you not, we looked like we were on a scavenger hunt. Asking everyone we came across, “Have you seen a set of car keys?” One person misunderstood us and directed us to where we could get keys made. Argh! Finally, after two awkwardly anxiety-ridden women were frantically searching, a customer service employee came running at us at full steam ahead… “WE FIND YOUR KEYS!!!” Poor thing was panting by the time we met in the middle of the store. A massive relief washed over the both of us, heck I ended up doing the jig of joy in the middle of the store and we profusely thanked the woman who found them. All the time the keys were missing I kept thinking to myself, “I really don’t want to spend the night in the Walmart.” Sad, but true… I was really fearful we would never find the damn keys.
Made it to the finish line unscathed!
Today is all about the cleaning routine, reading, writing, and unfortunately having to leave the house for food shopping. At least I know we won’t come across the jackass from last weekend.
There are no plans for the weekend, and for that… I’m thrilled! I just want to get stuff done around the house and enjoy the little things. Again, reading and writing are definitely up there, but I also want to spend more time with Peanut too. (And, in case you don’t know who Peanut is, he is my 31-year-old parrot). I really want to spend some quality time with my baby. He’s been such a huge support to me and he deserves time with his mommy. Fun time!
Here’s to wishing all of you a wonderful weekend!
Take Care of Yourselves & God Bless,
Credits: Google Images, Giphy, and Pinterest