This Week’s Questions
- Do you have a hobby? If so, what is it? Well, I obviously love writing and consider that one of my hobbies. However, I love to crochet. The moment I feel a chill in the air, I’m off to Michaels to purchase yarn for all the projects I have in my head.
- How did you discover your interest in your hobby? My Great-Aunt on my father’s side of the family taught me how to crochet when I was 11 years old. Writing, on the other hand, started when I was first given a diary one Christmas. I was 9 then.
- Do you find having a hobby helps with maintaining your mental wellness? How so? Oh, definitely! Writing for me is cathartic. In a way, so is my crocheting. Crocheting allows me to think clearly, and calms me. Writing allows me to get outside of my own head. (Which is very beneficial).
- Where do you find materials for staying active with your hobby? The laptop is an arms distance from my bed. Easy peasy! The yarn, on the other hand, is a calculated process. Depending upon what project I’m going to work on, I plot and plan carefully as to what type of wool I want to use. Then… Shopping at Michaels is like an amusement park being opened up to me! I love finding deals!!!
- Have you ever considered monetizing your hobby? Or if you already do, do you still enjoy it as a hobby? A very long time ago, but people didn’t want to pay for the materials and considered the hours that were put into a project. I more or less either make things to donate to hospitals or as gifts. (Speaking of crocheting that is) LOL! Writing, however… My dream is to write a book. I’ve written a few ideas here and there, but I keep leaning towards the same original idea. “Mental Health & Addiction Stigma Within A Family” – That’s something I’ve toyed around with for several years.
If you would like to partake in Candace’s “S.Y.K. So You Know” Series, here are the rules:
Every Monday here on R.O.E. we present a series of questions for bloggers to answer with the hopes of getting to know the person behind the screen better. You can participate by creating a post on your site answering the week’s questions or you may answer them in the comment section below. If you choose to publish a post, please create a pingback to this week’s edition of S.Y.K.