I want to extend my sincerest thanks to Samantha of “My Bipolar Mind” for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. I am humbled and honored for you to think of me. 😊
Samantha’s blog is truly inspiring! She can be checked out here…
(https://mybipolarmind.wordpress.com/) I love the mere fact her blog begins with, “You Are Not Alone” – Such a warm welcome from such an amazing gal!
The Sunshine Blogger Award… What is it?
“Does exactly what the name states:
Bringing a bit of sunshine into a bloggers life!
It’s a brilliant way to recognize fellow bloggers for being awesome. And also, provides us the opportunity to extend the honor, by nominating and awarding bloggers we love and follow.
Giving them a bit of exposure and motivation to keep blogging.
Now, who doesn’t need that?” – as Quoted from Rania With Chronic Illness
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
As with any successful strategy, the Sunshine Blogger Award has solid rules in place. These rules ensure the success of this award, providing exposure to all the award winners.
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display a Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
The rules are simple and straightforward!
My 11 Questions for my nominees!
- Why did you enter the world of blogging? I had recently been diagnosed with mental illness/disorders. I basically wanted to share my story with others, and connect with them by sharing our experiences. That was back in the beginning (Sept 2016) – Then, I decided to branch out with creative writing, as well as posts positive upbeat stuff to brighten up the readers day.
- What is your lifelong dream? Have you accomplished it? In all sincerity, I would love to write a memoir. The second answer to this question is, No. I haven’t even begun unless you want to consider all my diaries & journals I have kept since I was 9 years o age.
- What are 3 of your favorite books? “The Notebook”, “Bridges Over Madison County”, and “The Storyteller”. What can I say, I’m a hopeless romantic… Nah, I’m correcting myself, I’m a hopeful romantic. LOL!
- What is your dream job and are you currently working in that field? I’m currently on disability. I did, however, have two amazing jobs in my lifetime. One was working in accounts payable for rehab and radiology company. The second place was a steel company. I started off as accounts payable but was promoted to branch administrator. Both jobs were so rewarding and I do miss them a dearly.
- What is the hardest lesson you’ve ever learned? Wow, that’s a loaded question. Hmm, I guess I would sum it up to “I have a purpose”.
- If you would have any superpower in the world, what would it be and why? Fly. I’d fly and save people in trouble. (Very Super Manish, huh?)
- If you could have a conversation with anyone in the world, living or deceased, who would it be? Why? My grandmother on my mom’s side. I was too little to know she herself suffered from mental illness. I would have wanted to know how she was truly feeling and what brought her joy in this world. The entire family hid this from me right up until I was 49 years old. I wish I had known back then that mental health ran in my family. At least I could have gotten help for it before I became so severely depressed and suicidal. I really miss my grandmother, she was my very best friend when I was a child.
- What is one thing that would like to accomplish in 2019, and why? I would really like to lose weight and stop biting my nails. (Something I just wrote about in my series “Working on Me“. I would really enjoy maintaining my mental and physical health overall. (Okay, I cheated, that was three things. Sorry).
- If you were stranded on an island and could only keep 3 things, what would they be? 1. White Chocolate (Yeah, yeah…the diet thing, I know. Bummer!) 2. Journals, in order to keep writing. 3. Pens. If there is no electricity on a deserted Island, no point in bringing my laptop. LOL!
- What is your biggest pet peeve? I have entirely too many to list.
- What is your favorite quote? Wholly cow, that is a really hard one! I find so many to be insightful, funny, caring, loving, positive, inspirational, and a whole bunch of other stuff to narrow that answer down. Tell you what, I’ll utilize my own quote/affirmation. “Never give in, and Never give up!’
Here are the Bloggers in which I nominate for “The Sunshine Blogger Award”
- Gabby – Express The Gabbiness
- John – The Eclectic Contrarian
- Richa – iScriblr
- Mr. Inky – Poetry From The Inkwell
- Rory – A Guy Called Bloke and K9 Doodlepip Adventures
- Topics With Passion
- Girl With The Paw Print Tatoo
- Keith – Man of Many Thoughts
- Penny – Penny Wilson Writes
- King Ben’s Grandma
- The Haunted Wordsmith
Here are the 11 Questions I seek answers from:
- What was it that made you want to begin a blog?
- When you are writing, do you listen to music? If yes, what kind of music?
- If you were able to come back as any animal, what would that animal be?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- If you were stuck wearing only one color, what color would that be?
- If you only had one day left on this planet, what would be your last meal?
- Do you have a favorite author, and why is he/she, your favorite?
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Is there a certain routine you do before you sit down to write?
- Do you own a pet? If so, what kind?
- If you were to write for a TV show, what would it be about?
Alright, my blogging buddies, there is no pressure in responding to this nomination, but it would sure be nice if you did. It’s wonderful learning about your fellow blogging buds, but again… No pressure. LOL!
Thank you, once again, Samantha. Great questions you asked!