Hello & Happy Weekend to All of YOU!
I hope this post finds you well, and that your past week wasn’t grueling. Hey, at least it’s Saturday and we can either do something exciting or chill out and relax.
This week, for the most part, was pretty damn good. The only downside was that I’m fighting yet another sinus issue. But, I’m trying hard to just ignore it.
Let’s see, what happened to me this week…
- My new bedding arrived. At least the quilt and shams did. I had to return the sheets due to the color not matching correctly.
- My roommate and I hung up the new curtains in my bedroom. They are gorgeous and they brighten up the room perfectly.
- Found the sheets in teal that match perfectly and will be delivered Saturday!
- I was very pleased with Wayfair. I only shopped with them once, but this time around they delivered everything ahead of time. Plus when I returned the sheets I didn’t want, I was refunded in less than 24 hours of the return. To me, I am quite impressed.
- Although I’m not on social media much, I did get a message from a friend I used to work with back in the ’80s. It was a short message, but just the same, it was a wonderful surprise to me. I provided my email address, and hope that I hear from him again.
- I also received a message from my old sponsor from AA. She is one of the sweetest people anyone could ever know. I’m so excited for her, as she has gotten engaged. Funny thing was our conversation has been through our Pinterest accounts. That’s a first for me. I haven’t been to AA since my stint at the hospital in 2015, but I haven’t really needed it. I’m doing well with my alcoholism recovery through the means of my therapist.
- I have recently started following more bloggers, and have gained a bunch of new ones. I have had a great time meeting new people through our wonderful world of WordPress.
- Things between my roommate and I have been terrific. In fact, we have planned on having a movie night, come Sunday. Our friend JT is coming over to watch “Bohemian Rhapsody” the story of Freddy Mercury & the band Queen. We’re gonna order in some pizza and chill out. I’ve wanted to see this movie since it came out but didn’t want to see it in the movie theatre due to my anxiety. Besides, the restroom is right down the hall and we can hit pause. Gotta love the pause button!
- Although things have been pretty good, I’ve been feeling a bit anxious lately. I think it’s because I haven’t seen my therapist in a while. March 19th., can’t come quick enough. I simply can’t wait for Spring to arrive, as I’m sure most of you are anticipating the same. I’m just over cautious about falling into another depression due to the weather being the way it has.
- One thing to avoid depression is that I have spent more time here, on WordPress. I swear this place is saving me. Between reading some incredible post, I have been writing a bit more poetry, (Or, at least attempting to write more creatively). I also want to get back into writing more about mental illness/disorders. At least bring more of a discussion forum back to my blog. I like to hear what other’s have to say about their experiences and how they go about coping.
I sincerely hope that you all have a great weekend in store. Do you have any plans going on? Or, are you going to chill out? Whatever you do this weekend, make sure you enjoy the little things. We only have this one life to live, and you may as well enjoy it while we are living it.
Take Care & God Bless!