Hello, All! Happy Sunday to each and every one of you!
Is it me, or is January moving as a sloths pace? I know the prior months were filled with the holidays and rushing here and there and everywhere. Heck, even the beginning of January felt like it was moving fast… All of a sudden it feels like it stalled out mid-way.
Reflecting on this past week, I’ve been feeling pretty positive.
- Monday, my mom had a procedure on her ankles for an infection that she developed. By Wednesday, she was released from the hospital. There have been complications with her pic-line throughout the whole week, and she is still in pain. She plans on going back to the hospital to have the pic-line adjusted tomorrow morning.
Under normal circumstances, I would have been freaking out and worrying like crazy about her and my anxiety would have spiked. However, I know she is in good hands with the visiting aids, and the continuing care she is receiving.
- My hair was done. I love the style and color so much! It’s so much easier to handle shorter hair.
- I saw my therapist and went over what I need to work on in the future. Which is still an onset of depression, (Which is not as bad as it was back in September 2018). Also, still need to work on moments of anxiety. Case in point, this past Wednesday when my roommate went off the deep end after having her hair done by her sister. It was the first time I had seen her go through a meltdown, and the situation was terribly uncomfortable for all of us. Yet, she is better now. Thank God!
- I also went to my primary care doctor and got the referral for the back specialist that I see this upcoming Thursday. Yay! I love having medical insurance back!
- I haven’t heard from my brother all week. That could either be a good thing or a bad one. I will reach out to him this afternoon.
- I’ve stopped taking the Xanax three days ago. This was to help me sleep, but it was causing very vivid dreams. However, I’m still having very strange weird dreams without it.
- I have been trying to write more creatively. It’s actually a tool I’m using towards being mindful. Instead of focusing on things that I would normally worry about or fall into another funk of depression… Writing is really helping me overcome those thoughts. It helps get me out of my own head in other words. LOL!
- This whole weekend has been taken in stride. We were supposed to get hit with snow, but it has only rained. (Not that I’m complaining!) It’s just been so blah outside. I stayed indoors all weekend reading and writing.
So, How was your past week? Did anyone accomplish any of the goals they set for themselves? Did you have a nice weekend? How was the weather in your neck of the woods?
The only real goal for me this week is not becoming overly anxious when the MRI is done on my back. I don’t usually handle them too well because of having to lay on my back. I simply can’t… The pain is unbearable to me. Having to stay still in that position is not an easy task. I’m just hoping I get through it with no issues.
Other than that… I’m looking forward to a quiet week. (Hopefully). Crossing my fingers for that one. LOL!
Hope all is well with each and every one of you! Here’s to the upcoming week!
Take Care & God Bless,