REBLOG: Great piece posted by Ashley of “Mental Health @ Home” – I love the questions and answers provided. Thanks for sharing Ashley. 🙂
I did a post a while back Gems of Ignorance From Quora with some of the frighteningly ignorant questions asked by people on Quora, a sort of free-for-all website where people can post and answer questions. Here are some more tidbits I’ve come across.
Some people seem to have a genuine interest in gaining some understanding mental illness. Some questions I’ve seen that reassured me that not everyone has their head stuck up where the sun doesn’t shine:
- Can you be depressed without being sad?
- How do you know the difference between drug-induced psychosis or psychosis from something else?
- When a depressed person starts taking antidepressants, does he/she start feeling happy or just “not sad”?
- What does it feel like to have depression or bipolar disorder?
- What’s the difference between feeling depressed and having depression?
- How do people with schizophrenia tell apart real sights/sounds from fake ones?
View original post 375 more words