Excellent & valuable information posted by “Topics With Passion
April 2nd is World Autism Awareness Day.
Quick facts about autism:
- 1% of the world’s population have Autism
- 21% of children with an ASD have been excluded from school at least once
- Autism affects how a person communicates with and relates to, other people
- Autism is on the rise
- Children and adults with autism have difficulties with everyday social interaction
- Kids with autism are typically diagnosed at around 3 or before
- No exact cause is known yet
- There is no cure and many people with Autism say none is needed, maybe we should listen?
- When caught early, the chances of minimizing the effects of autism are significantly reduced
- You cannot outgrow Autism
There is also a condition called Asperger syndrome, which is a form of autism used to describe people who are usually at the higher functioning end of the autistic spectrum.
Having autism is not a tragedy like many…
View original post 86 more words