Good Afternoon, My Dear Friends.
Does anyone here suffer from (SAD) Seasonal Affective Disorder? I know Spring is around the corner that seems miles away from today. (SAD) is characterized by the onset of depression during the Winter months, when there is less natural sunlight. This type of depression lifts during the Spring & Summer months, but again… It’s taking its sweet time.
The last few days were full of blue skies, and sunlight that truly was noticeable in my mood. Then this morning, it was back to being gray and cloudy with yet another impending Northeastern on its relentless way. 😦
Lack of sunlight causes and contributes to (SAD). That is why doctors state that by taking vitamin D, will help with fighting the blues during this period. Well, no disrespect to doctors, but I do take vitamin D and I’m not feeling much better.
I’d like for people that suffer from (SAD) to tell me and other readers, what is it that you do to fight the onset or continuous slump of the seasonal slump?
On another note. I woke up this morning and kept my self-care & self-soothing regime by doing the following:
- Early morning meditation for 20 minutes
- Coffee and conversation with my roommate.
- Read some fantastic post & poetry throughout the morning.
- Fixed myself a late breakfast of a banana & corn muffin.
- I didn’t shower or do my makeup this morning because I did do that yesterday and I tend to do that every other day regardless.
- I did another 15 minutes of mindful meditation to work on the slump of a mood that I am currently in.
- Plan on taking a nap because I didn’t sleep too well after my sciatic nerves kicked my butt yesterday from all my self-soothing of repotting my indoor plants and cleaning all afternoon.
- Then I plan on making a meatloaf dinner with roasted potatoes and green beans.
- I plan on reading more blogs, as I have been catching up surely but slowly.
- Then, back to my evening meditation before relaxing and watching “The Crown” on Netflix before I go to bed.
Again, I would love to know your methods of breaking the course of (SAD) if you suffer from this depression? As well as what did you do today as your self-care & self-soothing regime?
I wish you all well and hope that you have a wonderful afternoon. 🙂
Take Care & God Bless,