I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by a fellow blogger, The Free Pigeon Press, Gary Bell, Thank you, so kindly for thinking of me when considering your nominees. I am so grateful to you.
You must check out Gary’s site at https://freepigeonpress.com/2018/01/06/my-liebster-award-nomination/
Gary is an inspiring artist, in fact, has been published before for his works. He is also one hell of a person for overcoming alcoholism and sharing his story on WordPress. God Bless him.
To become a nominee for the Liebster Award means a lot to me, but what means more to me is that I that with each day, I get to be a part of the blogging community and share our stories with one another. Not just stories, but the whole gambit of creative writing, informative information, advice, etc… It’s such a privilege to be a part of a group who is so talented in their craft.
Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
Answer 11 questions the nominee presented
Nominate no more than 11 other bloggers
Pose 11 questions for your nominees
My Nominees are as Follows:
Casey Elizabeth Dennis – The Bipolar Brat
Bisma Naveed – A Thought Process
Cherylen Nicholas – Living vs. Existing
Nandita – A Tangle of Weeds
(forgive me if I can not remember everyone’s first names)
Grabbbety Covens – Surviving The Struggle to Success
Pradita – The Pradita Chronicles
Stoner on a Rollercoaster
Just a Quiet Girl Living in a Noisey World.wordpress.com
Grumpy Gorman – Hands in The Garden
Questions From Gary Bell – The Free Pigeon Press
- Why did you start your blog? I wanted to bring more information and education to Mental Health Awareness, especially after I was diagnosed with mental illness and alcoholism back in 2015. The more my fellow bloggers that write about mental illness can help break the Stigma that surrounds mental illness/disorders. Also, late October of this year, I broadened my horizons and began creatively writing. ie… Poetry, Haiku, Short Stories, etc… I have loved what I’ve been doing thus far with all of the above mentioned.
- Which person (alive or dead) has been the biggest inspiration in your life? My Mother. (alive) 🙂
- What is one fact about yourself that most people don’t know? I lived most of my childhood and adult life holding onto secrets which I do believe altered my life in a negative fashion. Since my diagnosis, I have been pretty much an open book in sharing openly about my life. No more secrets anymore.
- Have you met anyone famous and – if yes-what were they like? (Since your not asking who), I’ll just answer this by stating, they were down to earth as one could be, and gracious.
- What’s your “TV kryptonite?” Which TV Program would make you want to kick the TV screen in if you were forced to watch it? Dang, what a question. Hmmm… Good Lord, I’m drawing a blank. I don’t watch much regular TV because most of it annoys me. LOL! Wow, I really am having a hard time answering this question… “Next…”
- What’s your favorite book? I don’t have one. I find something special in every book I read. “Bridges Over Madison County”, “The Notebook”, “Each Day a New Beginning”, etc… I can’t narrow this down to one, the list goes on, and on…
- Where do you fall on the “nature vs. nurture” debate when it comes to things like addiction, mental health, and crime? I sincerely believe in both genetics and environmental spectrums of the debates for all of the above mentioned. You could say, I’m on the fence keeping an open-minded.
- Name a Pop song you enjoy listening to but, would feel really embarrassed to admit to liking to most people? I enjoy all music (minus rap) and considering my age, I like a lot of 70’s & 80’s music. That was a great time for music, and I loved it all. Not embarrassed to admit anything. 🙂
- Should there be a bloggers “Code of Ethics” or do you believe in freedom of speech on the internet? I lean towards freedom of speech. It’s our constitutional right.
- If you had a time machine what would you do with it? and why? I’d go back to the tail end of 1999, to work on my marriage and not have thrown in the towel so quickly.
- What would you like inscribed on your headstone after your dead? Well, I want to be cremated, but if I had to have a headstone… “She loved with all her heart & soul”
… My Questions For My Nominees
- What motivated you to start your blog? and, when?
- If you could share a cup of coffee/tea with, who would that person be (Dead or Alive)?
- Do you have a routine before you sit down to write? (ie… mood music, candles, time)?
- Who is your favorite Author?
- What is your favorite type of movie category? (drama’s, romantic comedies, Sci-fi, westerns, etc…)?
- What goes into your writing process? Is it research-driven or naturally flowing?
- Do you like fiction or non-fiction?
- If you ever fall into a rut with your writing, what do you do to break the spell?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- If you could be a famous person in history, who would it be? and why?
- What is your favorite season?
Alright my fellow bloggers, good luck to all of you! And, many thanks to Gary Bell again. I am very humbled to be nominated. 🙂